The scholarship is funded by The Scottish Government and it is only for young women in Pakistan. Applications are now been opened for the 2019-2020 Pakistan Scottish Scholarships Scheme for Women in Pakistan and submissions will continue till 10 September.
Level/Field(s) of Study
Scholarships are awarded to pursue higher education at the postgraduate level in Pakistani universities.
This scholarship will cover a Master’s degree at any HEC-recognised university of Pakistan in one of the following subject areas:
- Health Sciences
- Sustainable Energy
- STEM Engineering
- Food Security and Agriculture
The Scholarship is available in Pakistan and is funded by the Scottish Government.
The Scholarship is made available for all Female Pakistani citizens.
The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme will assist award-holders with the following:
- Tuition fees for Master’s courses.
- Subsistence to the award holder.
- University hostel costs.
- Transport fare to and from home to university 2 times/twice a year for students staying in on-campus hostels
1. All female Pakistani citizens who are currently residing in Pakistan are eligible for the application. Also, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
2. All applicants must be undertaking a one or two-year programme in any one of the following fields:
- Sustainable energy
- Food security and agriculture
- Health Sciences
- STEM engineering
3. Applicants undertaking a one or two-year master’s programme only are eligible to apply
4. Applicant should hold a confirmed offer from any HEC recognised university in Pakistan
5. Only female applicants are eligible to apply.
The IELTS and GRE language exam is not required for this scholarship.
How to Apply
The application can be done in two ways, which are;
Applying Online: Online application form can be filled and then submitted on the official British Council website, at the link: https://www.research.net/r/MWNJ83W
Applying via Courier: Application forms can be downloaded from the Download link below. Completed applications should be sent via courier to the British Council Islamabad office, Box 1135.
A complete application will include:
- A duly filled out application form
- Scanned copy of CNIC
- Scanned copy of transcripts
- Tuition fee form
- Proof of admission and/or enrolment at the master’s level
Scholarship Application will be due on September 10, 2019
Application Link: https://www.britishcouncil.pk/programmes/education/scholarships